Seeking an experienced, dedicated, and motivated individual to join our growing team of talented consultants in the role of Solutions Consultant – OpenStack. You will lead projects across a diverse set of customers and a broad set of technologies. You will possess certification and strong experience working with, designing, and implementing solutions leveraging OpenStack Technologies. Must be highly proficient with Linux, virtualization, OpenStack, Automation and storage/networking interfaces.
Our Sr. Solutions Engineers exert external influence in their field. This may take the form of participation in open source communities, writing articles and papers, and acting as advisors to Sales Opportunities and projects. A qualified candidate will have a working understanding cloud concepts such as multi-tenancy, service catalogs, policies and approval processes, public bursting, etc. The qualified candidate must possess strong customer presentation skills, both in written and verbal form.
The qualified candidate must possess strong customer presentation skills, both in written and verbal form.
- Linux, virtualization, OpenStack, and storage/networking interfaces.
- Nova (compute), Neutron (Network), Cinder (Storage), Keystone, Glance (Access)
- Nexus, UCS, Cisco ACI (network integration with Neutron), Block storage
- XtremIO, VNX, SAN - Familiarity or conceptual understanding of public cloud technologies and tools such as AWS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, VMware vCloud Hybrid Service, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Familiarity or conceptual understanding of automation and orchestration tools such as, but not limited to, Chef, Puppet, Subversion, Jenkins, Cucumber, Git, Yum, etc.
- Preferential consideration will be given to candidates who possess practical experience with additional infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud technologies such as VMWare suite of technologies, Microsoft Hyper-V and Systems Center components (Configuration Manager, Orchestrator, VMM, etc.).
- Familiarity and/or working experience with IT models such as DevOps, SDLC, and release engineering/release management will be considered a strong plus.
Looking for highly qualified candidates that possess a number of related certifications.
Location: Bothell WA\Atlanta GAx
Systems administration position involving management of multiple unix servers in a highly dynamic environment. Work as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities. Provide advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives. Provide direction and mentoring to junior staff members. The Infrastructure Automation team utilizes many tools to help automation and create self-service throughout our internal infrastructure. This position would include day-to-day operations of the PuppetLabs and ServiceNow infrastructure, as well as being part of the team supporting DevOps at T-Mobile. This person will have a deep understanding of the enterprise cloud stack and how applications and services can be shared in a Hybrid Cloud ecosystem. This is a highly dynamic environment where you will work as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities. Provide technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for automation applications and systems.
- Provide senior level technical support for automation related project activities.
- Build and modify systems to meet project and user requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Provide mentoring to fellow administrators.
- Evaluate hardware and software requirements and influence purchase decisions.
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- Three to seven years experience in a large HP-UX and/or Sun Solaris Unix environment.
- Experience implementing build configuration tools, such as Jenkins, Git, SVN, Ant, Chef and Puppet Extensive scripting experience: Shell, Python, Perl, PowerShell ·
- Experience as Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Systems Admin/Engineer in operations of a large-scale enterprise
- Help communicate and level set within the organization how Puppet may or may not be able to fulfill server requests (Note, this is tactical per request. This is not a strategic viewpoint on the benefits of Puppet)
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Understand requirements and translate them into optimized capability that you will implement into the ServiceNow platform
- Work closely with various stakeholders to provide guidance in the management of ServiceNow CI's and the relationships between them
- Communicate regularly on all aspects of initiated work in a clear and concise manner
- Participate in meetings as required adding value as a subject matter expert where and when required
- Advanced and current understanding and practice in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration
- Comprehension of, and the ability to communicate, the ITIL CMDB Model
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies including code profiling, regression testing, and continuous integration.
- Working experience with either OpenStack, CloudStack, VMWare vCAC or other cloud management frameworks: deployment, configuration, operations.
- Proven competency with most UNIX commands/utilities.
- Knowledge of Linux, especially Red Hat or OEL System installation and configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP and SSO integration
- Familiarity of SaaS ITSM platforms such as ServiceNow
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2k8 R2/2012 Knowledge of HP Blade systems
- Familiarity with HP and Sun hardware. Familiarity with SAN, NAS and other storage technologies.
- Familiarity with EMC and/or HP disk arrays
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.